Ferme Ste-Rose was originally built in 1902. In 2003, Gilles Lalonde and Lyne Morin purchased it to transform it into an equestrian centre.
The first phase of the transformation was the renovation of many of the existing buildings. The front of old barn was revamped into a modern stable. Further, an extension to the garage became a small stable which was set aside for our school horses, tack room and heated washroom.
Next was the construction of a large outdoor sand arena (150’ X 230’). It was designed by Consultants Yves Choinière Inc. to offer a sand surface that was specifically adapted for the training and development of our horses.
In 2012, a spacious indoor area measuring 72′ X 170′ was added to allow year round training.
“Ferme Ste Rose is one of the Ottawa and Gatineau area’s well kept secrets. The care, barn, indoor arena and outdoor jumper and dressage rings are excellent. It is a pleasure to teach students at Gilles and Lyne’s farm. They take pride in making sure that no detail is overlooked when it comes to keeping horses and owners very satisfied.”
EC Level 2 Dressage Competition Coach Specialist
EC and USEF Senior Dressage Judge